EST. 2007

The untold want by life and land ne'er granted,
Now, voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

EST. 2007

The untold want by life and land ne'er granted,
Now, voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

EXPERIENCES

GALLERIES

MEET US

Navigation

ENQUIRE

JOURNAL

SOCIALIZE:

The

VIEW OUR TRAVEL PHOTO ALBUM >

May 17, 2017

Celebrate Marriage: Why Anniversaries Are Important

Today, I spent some time reflecting on the past year. It’s hard to believe that many of my 2016 couples are already coming up on their FIRST YEAR anniversaries.
I also cannot believe that my 2012 couples are coming up on their FIFTH YEAR anniversaries.   And the wildest part, is that I started René Tate Photography in 2007, so those couples… 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARIES.  Wow.  Have I really been in the industry for over a decade??
Personally, I know for my husband, John, and I, this third year anniversary (May 25th!) is one worth celebrating. The first year was the toughest for us, but the next two weren’t exactly walks in the park either. :)
Marriage challenges our selfishness in just about every way possible. Learning to lay down your life for another doesn’t happen overnight. But each year that you come out of those peaks and valleys, and didn’t give up, is a year worth celebrating.

I’m passionate about photographing couples and celebrating their marriage, their vow, right alongside them.

When I photograph couples during their engagement or wedding, the images are invariably filled with anticipation and excitement. But as the years go by and I meet my couples again, it is a joy to see the evermore dedicated love that has grown between them. It’s a love that’s seen hardships and failures, triumphs and champagne-popping moments. A love that shows rugged intensity, yet soft comfort.
And it fills my heart each and every time.

Do you know someone celebrating a wedding anniversary? Maybe someone whose wedding you attended, which, in my mind, means you took an unspoken vow to support them through the duration of their marriage?
Perhaps it’s you… yes, you looking at this screen right now, who has victories in your marriage that deserve to be celebrated.
Let’s honor these marriages and vows by documenting them for the here and now, so that we can remember how far we’ve come.  And for future generations, so that they may also have the courage to walk in your path.

To learn more about what a René Tate Anniversary Experience entails, email me at info@renetate.com.  We can shoot locally in my two home bases of Colorado or California, or, because we value travel that makes your heat beat, let’s adventure somewhere!
I’d be remiss if I didn’t take this time to share a few favorite anniversary images from recent years…
Celebrating 7 years together, Nicole & Josh in Florence, Italy:

Celebrating 3 years of marriage, Makenzie & Alex in the Rocky Mountains:
Celebrating 3 years of marriage, Megan & Josh in Tasmania, Australia:
Celebrating 4 years of marriage, Alicia & James in Cochem, Germany:
Celebrating 10 years of marriage, Nora & Jason at Dunton Hot Springs:
Celebrating 10 years of marriage, Tiffany & Luke in Venice, Italy:
Celebrating 5 years of marriage, Kristi & Scott in Disneyland:
Celebrating 10 years of marriage, Darla & Jerry at the Broadmoor Hotel:
Celebrating 1 years together, Lu & Ben at the Dead Sea, Israel:
Celebrating 5 years of marriage, Kelsey & Vittorio in Denver, Colorado:
Celebrating 5 years of marriage, Cecily & Dusty in Malibu, California:

comments so far, leave yours

1. Kelsey Luciano

May 17th, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Awe! I love these! Tori and I loved our anniversary session with you! We have a whole wall full of your amazing images of our family!

2. Nicole Lamb

May 17th, 2017 at 11:17 pm

The way you describe marriage is so spot on with the ups and downs. It’s crazy that Josh and I have been married for 1 yr and 5 months, not without our struggles. We love each other more everyday though, so it makes the bad worth it and the good that much sweeter! My parents are celebrating 40 years of marriage this year, I strive to be as happy as them at 40 years of marriage!

3. René

May 18th, 2017 at 12:00 pm

@Nicole Thanks for your comment! It’s so hard, but so rewarding, right? Like anything in life! Congratulations to your sweet parents!! Thanks for the comment. :)

4. René

May 18th, 2017 at 12:03 pm

@Kelsey :) :) :) You guys are my stars! I love that whole session of yours!

5. kd 10

January 18th, 2019 at 4:27 pm

I’m just writing to let you understand of the incredible encounter my princess gained using your webblog. She realized some things, not to mention how it is like to have a great giving style to get other folks quite simply learn certain tortuous matters. You really did more than my desires. Thank you for delivering the helpful, safe, edifying not to mention unique thoughts on your topic to Kate.

6. adidas yeezy

January 18th, 2019 at 11:21 pm

I am only commenting to let you understand of the terrific discovery my friend’s child experienced browsing yuor web blog. She realized numerous things, which include what it is like to have an awesome coaching mood to get many others quite simply know just exactly selected complex issues. You truly did more than people’s desires. Thanks for providing such important, healthy, informative and as well as fun tips on your topic to Lizeth.

7. nike air max 2017

January 19th, 2019 at 8:12 am

I wish to convey my passion for your kind-heartedness supporting people that require guidance on your issue. Your personal dedication to passing the solution throughout was wonderfully advantageous and has consistently encouraged ladies like me to realize their ambitions. The important key points signifies a whole lot a person like me and especially to my fellow workers. Thank you; from all of us.

8. nike polo shirts

January 19th, 2019 at 5:12 pm

I wanted to send you one very small note in order to give thanks over again for those fantastic principles you have featured on this page. This has been so tremendously generous with people like you to deliver unreservedly just what a lot of people might have supplied for an e-book to end up making some cash for themselves, most notably since you might well have done it in case you decided. Those tricks additionally served as the fantastic way to be aware that some people have the same dream just as my own to find out a great deal more concerning this problem. I am certain there are numerous more pleasurable situations up front for many who see your blog.

9. yeezy wave runner 700

January 20th, 2019 at 12:31 am

I together with my friends have been checking the best secrets from your site and then unexpectedly got a horrible feeling I had not thanked the site owner for them. Those people ended up totally stimulated to read through all of them and have now in actuality been using those things. Appreciation for simply being indeed helpful and then for making a choice on this form of cool issues millions of individuals are really needing to be informed on. My sincere regret for not saying thanks to you earlier.

10. stephen curry 5

January 20th, 2019 at 10:25 am

I precisely wanted to say thanks again. I do not know the things I would’ve taken care of without the entire suggestions contributed by you regarding such a subject. It previously was a very challenging difficulty in my position, but understanding your expert strategy you processed that forced me to weep over gladness. I’m grateful for your help and thus wish you realize what a great job you were carrying out educating people with the aid of your web site. I am sure you’ve never come across all of us.

11. off white x jordan 1

January 20th, 2019 at 5:59 pm

I needed to create you a tiny word to be able to give thanks once again on your precious tricks you have shown on this website. This has been certainly tremendously generous with people like you to convey extensively what exactly a lot of people might have offered for an e book to earn some cash for their own end, even more so now that you might well have done it if you ever desired. The things as well acted to become fantastic way to be sure that someone else have the identical desire just like mine to grasp a whole lot more on the subject of this problem. I am certain there are many more pleasurable moments in the future for folks who go through your website.

12. hermes

January 21st, 2019 at 12:47 am

I am commenting to make you understand of the brilliant discovery our girl gained reading your site. She picked up so many things, including what it is like to possess an amazing giving nature to get folks just know several problematic subject matter. You really surpassed our desires. I appreciate you for rendering these interesting, trusted, educational and in addition unique tips about this topic to Evelyn.

13. adidas ultra boost

January 21st, 2019 at 2:48 am

I truly wanted to post a brief comment to be able to express gratitude to you for these remarkable suggestions you are posting on this website. My incredibly long internet research has at the end been rewarded with reputable concept to share with my companions. I would tell you that most of us visitors actually are unquestionably endowed to exist in a perfect place with many awesome people with insightful pointers. I feel pretty fortunate to have seen your entire webpage and look forward to many more fabulous minutes reading here. Thanks a lot once again for everything.

14. ysl handbags

January 21st, 2019 at 9:45 am

I precisely had to say thanks again. I do not know the things I might have gone through in the absence of those pointers discussed by you directly on that situation. It was actually a real frightening setting for me personally, nevertheless being able to see the very specialized strategy you handled that took me to leap with gladness. I’m just grateful for this guidance and in addition pray you know what a powerful job that you’re providing teaching people today all through a site. Probably you’ve never met any of us.

15. moncler

January 21st, 2019 at 6:49 pm

I really wanted to construct a small remark to be able to say thanks to you for all the magnificent tips and hints you are placing here. My prolonged internet look up has finally been honored with awesome facts to go over with my family. I would assert that we website visitors actually are extremely blessed to exist in a notable place with so many brilliant people with helpful strategies. I feel quite blessed to have seen your entire webpages and look forward to many more amazing times reading here. Thanks a lot once more for all the details.